Thursday, October 14, 2010

Shredded Pork and Beans

This is my latest creation. I've eaten it at almost every meal for the last three days. Even Madeleine likes it, which is saying a lot. I like to cook a big pork tenderloin in the crock pot for Alex's lunches, but I'm always at a loss for how to use it for dinner. So, I shredded it and fried it up with a can of (drained) black beans and some green salsa (you could also use a can of diced green chilies). I added salt and pepper, and in the future I will either add onion powder or fry some chopped onions with it. I've been eating it on Roti (Indian tortillas), but regular tortillas work fine too (I really like the flavor of Roti, plus they're made with whole wheat and no lard, so they must be healthier, right?). Add grated cheese and sour cream. It's kind of like a healthy chimichanga. If you're really adventurous, you can add a fried egg on top of the bean mixture (I totally would, if I could eat eggs).

No comments:

Post a Comment