Thursday, October 14, 2010

Olsen Stress Cookies

I wish Stephen and I had thought to keep a tally of how many times we have made these cookies. I am betting it would be in the triple digits (I don't know if I should say that with pride or shame). We have also added ingredients as time and stress have compounded. We think they have reached their peak of perfection at this point.

1 stick butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

1 c. flour
1 c. oats
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Chocolate Chips
Butterscotch Chips

Preheat oven to 375.
In a medium sized bowl cream butter and sugar, add peanut butter then stir. Add egg and vanilla. Stir.

In a small bowl mix dry ingredients. Add to wet. Add chips. Mix together until barely combined. Mound them on cookie sheet. They do not spread out. Eat half immediately. Feel sick and promise to eat healthier. Eat the rest for breakfast the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment