Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Recipe share...pretty, please!

I thought that this would be a great way to share some recipes.  I cannot claim to have great recipes, but I want yours so--if you would like to contribute please email me at glorianne.o@gmail.com and I will add you as a contributing editor, then you can update when you have time. 

I thought I would share one of our current favorites that uses the food processor really efficiently.  It also looks like it has a zillion ingredients, but I use Catherine's crockpot shredded chicken and frozen spinach--it is really pretty quick, plus it is fairly low cal for a pasta dish. 

Chicken Penne Florentine 
bake at 425 for 25 min.

3 c.  mushroom
1 c. yellow bell pepper
3 c. spinach
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
16 oz. light cottage cheese
4 c. cooked penne
2 c. shredded chicken
1 c. sharp cheddar
1/2 c. parmesan
1/2 c. milk
1 can cream o' chicken

1. Sautee mush, bell pepper for 4 min.  add spinach and spices for 3 min.
2. Food process cottage cheese until it is smooth and creamy
3. Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl--reserve 1/2 c. cheddar to put on top
4. Bake away

No comments:

Post a Comment